Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

copycat recipe & review - Wendy's chocolate frosty

I am a sucker for copycat recipes because hey if you can make it at home why go out and get it?

I have been peeping this copycat "healthy" version of the Wendy's chocolate frosty all over Pinterest for quite some time and I figured it was time to give it a try. So here is my attempt & review.

Pretty simple ingredients that you might have on hand already.

1 frozen ripe banana. 1 C unsweetened almond milk. 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder. 1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp chia seeds.

the banana is crazy hard to peel frozen, but fairly easy to cut into smaller piece to blend - which I recommend. My fingers froze peeling it. 

add everything to your blender cup and blend away.

pour into a mug/cup with a cute straw and enjoy. 

so. dang. simple.

But does it taste like a Wendy's frosty?
Well, no. But it IS delicious!

With no added sugar, no dairy and no processing it does not come close to the unhealthy & deliciously sinful taste of a REAL Wendy's frosty but I will definitely be making and enjoying this again!

It is far too runny (perhaps adding another 1/2 banana or some ice would help) and most definitely not sweet enough to be a total copycat recipe, which I think is a good thing because what it DID do was curb my craving for a milkshake/ice cream frosty.

It is rich (thanks to the banana & almond milk), filling, and perfectly chocolatey.

I give it a 5/10 on the copycat scale but an 8/10 on the breakfast smoothie scale.

YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment