One of my biggest pet peeves is having dry skin. I hate the way it feels against the blanket in bed, the way my hands look after I wash them, that tight feeling your face gets after a shower, just yuck! So needless to say I am a slave to my moisturizing regiment, especially in these cold, dry winter months!
I thought I would share some of my absolute favorite and go-to items for fall & winter.
They are by no means the most expensive, luxurious items but I have done my research and have tested many, many products in the search for soft and supple skin! Ha! So this is what works for me and my skin, and as you can tell I have no brand loyalty!
- EOS Chapstick: This is my everyday go-to chapstick, I have about 3 in my purse at all times, all in different "flavors". I love that they are now selling them with UV protection!
- Burt's Bees Hand Repair Cream: I use this for heavy duty moisturizing. I keep this bad boy in my purse, because as a nurse I wash my hands constantly!
- Rose Salve: I love the way this looks and it is more of a salve so it does better repairing cracked or extreme chapped lips.
- Vaseline Total Moisture: Nothing fancy, not expensive. This is the body lotion I use religiously when I get out of the shower, and it has a nice mild scent which I love.
- Bag Balm: Once you get over the smell...which can be a bit shocking and medicinal at first you realize what a savior it is in the dry winter months. I use this on my elbows exclusively. Haha, so silly to have a special salve just for one area but they get SO dry!
- Olay Complete: I have used this for as long as I can remember and my mama uses it too! It is an after shower ritual and it contains SPF 15 so I know it is helping protect my skin from harsh UV rays! Even though it is overcast these days does not mean your skin isn't being sun-damaged.
- Burt's Bees hand cream: If you can't tell I am a bit obsessed with not having dry hands! But again as a nurse I wash my hands so constantly that it is a big problem for me! I used this before bed on my hands AND my feet.
- JR Watkins hand lotion: This sits by my sink to avoid the dreaded dish pan hands!
So there you have it! Keep moisturized and supple during this dry, windy season! Also feel free to play around with different products, It is better to do what works best for your skin rather than stick to one brand for everything!