Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

homemaker dinner party


This past weekend I hosted a little girl's night at my house. I invited all the girls I knew that are recently engaged or married or are in a relationship that will definitely, most likely, almost definitely turn into marriage material! Haha. It was so much fun!! By no means am I saying that in my 2 years and 2 months of marriage that I have all (any of) the wisdom, but I also know that I would have liked the perspective of a women JUST on the other side of the fence when I was getting married. One with no kids, one who was just barely not a newlywed herself. So that is what I did. I invited these ladies into my home and we had a wonderful night talking weddings, engagement stories, recipes, crafts, and our men. (in the best way possible of course!)

DIYs
  1. Card making

 We made some fab cards together ranging from birthday, thank you, bridal shower, you name it! These girls got so creative with it I loved seeing the end products!




  2. Homemade Laundry Detergent

The next DIY we did together was making laundry detergent. It was a practical & different craft for them to take home! I will post the "recipe" on the blog in a few days!

each girl got her own jar to take home! They all added different combos of the essential oils so they all came out so different and yummy smelling!

Dinner, dessert, sweets, & treats

Making dinner together was a blast! We made balsamic & brown sugar chicken with oven roasted potatoes, spinach salad with blue cheese and dinner rolls. 



After dinner we made some "Polar Express hot cocoa" (again, another post for another day...so.good)
and the last girlie left standing and I watch a movie.


swag bags.
Whats a party without swag??

I picked up these awesome bags for 0.99 each at Office Depot of all places and filled it with goodies!

Cute socks for the colder weather that is (eventually??) coming, kleenex for the purse, my favorite cleaning tool the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, a printed M-F cleaning schedule by Squirrelly Minds and a gorgeous scripture printable by French Press Mornings. They were also able to take their DIY laundry detergent and their homemade vanilla (not shown above) home in their cute bags!

Like I said we had a blast and it was so much fun hearing about all their wedding plans and what is going on in their lives. It was seriously an awesome evening!

Cleaning printable can be found HERE
Scripture printable can be found HERE



2 comments:

  1. I so love your heart! You are an amazing woman my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very kind! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete