Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

mixed berry & almond milk smoothies

I have weird food aversions in the morning (I have all my life). The thought of eating toast in the morning makes me want to gag. I tend to like to drink my breakfast and seeing as that usually turns into an acidic coffee fest with no sustenance I have come to be a big smoothie fan!

Here is one of my go-to smoothies in the morning and some link love for some that I want to try!

This is a VERY basic smoothie with basically no creativity or thought- which is great for the morning!


Mixed berry & Almond Milk smoothie 
  • 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
Blend mixed berries & almond milk on high until combined - add more liquid if it is too sticky, and more fruit if it is too watery! Stir in chia seeds with a spoon after smoothie is done - don't waste good roughage by blending the seeds!! Haha Add any kale or spinach if you have it - why not get those greens in?

see? so. simple.
I like to add garnish and a fun straw to make it more appealing to drink! But hey thats just me and my weird relationship with food! 
I get the bags of frozen fruit at Trader Joes. I rarely deviate from mixed berry, but will make the occasional tropical smoothie from time to time. And I love using almond milk because dairy leaves me feeling bleh in the morning and there are only around 40 calories in 1 cup of almond milk so - score!

Here are some smoothies I have been wanting to try!

Pioneer Woman's pumpkin smoothie - Sounds a little heavy for the morning, but hey tis' the season!

Ashley over at Pomegranate Bandit has some amazing smoothie recipes! I want to try them all! Her pumpkin smoothie seems to be less heavy than Lee's so I would definitely try it!!

Elsie + Emma over at A Beautiful Mess have some killer smoothies as well! I'm loving their Peanut Butter Hazelnut Smoothie as well as the Raspberry Coconut smoothie.

YUM!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment