Here is my first taste of fall obligatory pumpkin recipe!
To be honest they were a little dry for my taste so I would add more milk to the recipe or maybe a little less flour next time? They were darn near perfect right out of the oven but as soon as they cooled they were a little dense and dry.
Gather your baking supplies
- 3 C. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/3 C. buttermilk or regular milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 1/4 C. pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1tsp vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350 & Line or grease cup cake tins
1.Whisk together flour, baking soda & powder, salt, and the spices.
2.In a small bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk or buttermilk and the vanilla
3. Beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
Tip: I like to use brown sugar instead of white sugar in this recipe because the molasses taste really compliments the flavors of fall and the highlights the pumpkin.
4. Add eggs one at a time beating until well combined.
5. Add pumpkin mixture & flour mixture alternating until your batter is well combined.
6. add batter to cupcake tin by the 1/4 cup full
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
The muffins were delicious, but like I said a tad dry for my taste this time.
Regardless I had one for dessert...and for breakfast!