Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gather: community dinner #3

 I completely forgot to post this last week, so now I am a week behind with community dinners! 
Whoops! So there might be two posts this week!

We had one of my BFFs over & her boyfriend. I know what you are thinking...we aren't branching out much yet with these dinners! Haha it's true...so far we have had very good friends over each time and not a lot of new friends. Please know that these dinners with good friends are SO overdue!
So new friends being added to the docket soon...but for now oldies but goodies! : )

I roasted a chicken, which is one of my favorite things to do when we have guests.
I just rub the top with salt, pepper, fresh garlic and olive oil and then cut up potatoes, onions and carrots and bake it all at 350 for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours until it is done all the way through and the potatoes and carrots are soft.

We had coffee and cookies after dinner and played Monopoly Deal...which turned out to be super fun...who knew?!



I don't think I will ever get tired of having people in my home! It is a challenge to think up recipes and a pain to wash so many dishes (truth!) but it is so worth it for catching up, discussing deep things, laughing at silly things, and just living life together!


No comments:

Post a Comment