Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

What's in the bag...packing for a week long trip!


Tomorrow the Mr. and I are packing up and heading out of town! We are stopping in Visalia first to attend the wedding of my long time friends and his beautiful bride-to-be. We will also be catching up with some of our BFFS, who will also be in town for the wedding. 


I loooove packing and organizing all my clothes and accessories for traveling, so I thought I would show you all what's in the (Petunia Pickle Bottom Weekender) bag!



 I try to start by packing into piles and grouping items instead of just throwing them inside the bag (Greg...no snark from the peanut gallery!) 
This cuts down on repeat items, or even worse...forgotten items. I have been the girl before who packed 18 t-shirts and no pants. But seriously though, it was a cold week. 


 {Clothes}
 For one week this is what I typically bring. Keep in mind this is a warm weather vacation with a wedding, a birthday, and access to a washing machine thrown in. 

 1. A week's + worth of "unmentionables" & Bathing suit (even with access to a washer/dryer I don't risk this.) I like to pack mine in a smaller bag within my bag for easy access and concealment.
2.  Pants + Shorts: 2 of each - one pair of jeans and one pair of nicer "non-jeans" + any type of shorts
3. Staple basics: This includes basic t-shirts (2), undershirts (2), leggings (1), and a black cardigan and a neutral color cardigan. If you pack these things you are less likely to find yourself at a loss for what to wear and the ever-so-annoying problem of accidentally bringing all patterned tops and bottoms.
4. Blouses, dresses, + Skirts: Usually I would just pack 1 casual dress and 1 fancy dress, but with a wedding & a birthday tossed into the mix I decided on 1 casual dress, 1 fancy dress, and 1 fancy skirt. I also packed a fancier jacket.
5. Jammies!

{Shoes}
Do not pack as many shoes as I did. Seriously don't. I have a problem and have an irrational fear that I will not have the proper form of footwear.
This is what I SHOULD bring:
  1. Casual neutral colored flats
  2. Fancy flats or heels
  3. Pair of versatile sandals
  4. "play shoes"
I mostly followed that rule, but I threw in a pair of beloved moccasins as well...because you never know!!




{Extras +Essentials}
I am definitely the kind of person to wear more neutral colored or grey clothing and really spice things up with accessories and jewelry
  1. Road trip essentials: iPad (don't forget the charger!) + reading materials, my favorite EOS lip balm, and beloved STELLA + DOT wristlet, so I can jam into a gas station or store on our way down without having to lug my purse with me. 
  2. Toiletry bag: More on that later - FOSSIL bag
  3. Accessories: Tres scarves, one belt + my summer hat. 
  4. Bling: My favorite  rose gold GUESS watch from the Mr., my Stella + Dot jewels (can be found here - ring, bracelet, and necklace) and my favorite gold bracelet that I picked up in Tanzania. 

{Toiletries}
These are pretty standard. And I am not bringing shampoo, conditioner, etc since it will be available where we are going, but if they were not I would bring my full sized bottles since we are road tripping - I just never find travel sized bottles that are enough for my thick mane!!
The little metal owl box is actually a pill/vitamin organizer inside. I love it! 


{All packed!}
This is what is set out and waiting until Saturday morning. The toiletries bag will be used Sat morning and then zipped into the top of the Petunia bag. I am wearing comfy road trip clothes that are included in the original round up so I am not bringing excess, and the iPad, Bible, and wristlet will be joining me up front in the car.
The shoes are inside of a plastic grocery bag and then put inside my big purse which I will use when we get to Escondido!


I just wish I had room in my bag for this guy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment