Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Banana Bread Muffins

I always try to throw together some sort of muffin or loaf bread before a trip, not sure why I guess it is kind of a tradition now!
These little lovelies were pretty good, although I cooked them a touch too long and they were not as moist as  I would have liked, I may add a little less flour or perhaps add a litle milk o the recipe next time around!
Also I didn't have any pecans or walnuts in the house or I probably would have added them!

Here is the recipe:


  • 2 C all purpose flour
  • 1 C. Sugar
  • 3 ripe (over ripe!) bananas, smashed
  • 1 Lrg. egg
  • 1/2 C vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 C chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees



Smash rippened banana, set aside. Cream oil, egg, and sugar in mixer, until light and fluffy.



In a seperate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt



Add flour mixture to sugar mixture slowly, and combine. When well combined add in smashed banana (and pecans or walnuts if desired!) and mix until just incorporated.


using a large spoon or a 1/4 C measuring cup divide batter into muffin tins either greased or fitted with cupcake papers. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I baked mine for 30 and they were a tad over done). Test with a toothpick inserted into the center to see if they are done. Cool and enjoy!



Happy Baking! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment